If you are a guest and your host tells you there's an echo or background noise on your line, try these fixes:
- Switch from a mobile phone to a landline. Landlines offer better audio quality and sustained connectivity.
- Lower the volume of your speakerphone, mobile phone, or telephone. If your phone does not have a volume control, use the star command *8 to lower your volume.
- Turn off speakerphone. Speakerphones can degrade call quality with echo, ambient, and white noise.
- Pick up the telephone handset. Handsets usually have better sound quality than speakerphones and headsets.
- Disconnect hands-free devices.
- Move other electronic devices - such as mobile phones, tablets, and laptops - away from your phone. They can contribute to interference.
If these steps do not resolve the audio conferencing issue you are experiencing, press *0 for operator assistance to isolate and resolve it.