If you're the host, here are steps to help identify and remove the echo. First, ask if anyone on the call does not hear the echo. The guest who can't hear the echo is usually the source of it.
To identify the source of echo:
- Mute all guests by pressing *96 and choosing option 1 (allow guests to un-mute).
- Run through a roll call of your guests one by one, and ask each guest to un-mute their line by pressing *6 and then say their name.
- If there is no echo, move on to the next guest until you hear the echo.
- Ask the guest that seems to be the source of the echo to first try lowering their mic volume.
- If this doesn't work, have them mute their line by pressing *6 or disconnect and dial in again to get a better connection.
Muting allows the guest to continue listening to the conference without disrupting the meeting. If the guest wants to participate by talking, they should reconnect.