The current desktop app release is 5.29, as of April 9, 2019. There are no external updates for this release.
This article contains information for:
- Release 5.31 (Meetings)
- Release date: April 18, 2019
For other releases, browse all release notes.
Do More with the Multi-Task Widget
During a meeting, you might place yourself on mute and minimize the room to work on another task. But the time it takes to navigate back to the meeting and unmute your audio could cause you to miss your opportunity to make a comment or cause a delay in answering a question when you're asked. With the new Multi-Task Widget, you can always see the current active talker, quickly mute and unmute your audio, and easily jump back into the meeting room as needed. You can freely move the widget to wherever you want, across your screen or even to a different monitor, and it always stays in focus even as you do other tasks.
Note: The Multi-Task Widget is available to participants who use the desktop app to join the meeting. Get the desktop app from the GlobalMeet Download Center.
New Features and Enhancements
This release includes improvements to the meeting experience and ongoing development work to prepare for Office 365 integration to bring calendar awareness and streamlined recording options to your meeting room. This feature is tentatively scheduled for May 2019.
- Screen share. Updated the Japanese translations for the Share window option.
- Audio. The meeting panel now displays "Unknown" in the guest row if an audio participant's name and phone number are unavailable.
This release does not include improvements to the desktop app.
This release addresses issues seen while in the meeting.
- Content sharing.
- File presentation. Internet Explorer 11 users on Windows 7 were unable to upload files.
- Screen share. If the host restricts content sharing while a guest is in the process of sharing their screen or a file, the guest receives two error messages instead of one.
- Audio. Some audio participants were not shown in the Guests panel after joining a meeting.
Desktop app issues
This release does not address issues to the desktop app.
Visit Troubleshooting for information and workarounds for known issues like:
- Guests viewing a Windows 10 user sharing an Office app window may experience a frozen screen.
- Sharing an app window in Internet Explorer can lose focus and share your entire screen.
- Empty meeting window when launching from the desktop app.
- Fonts are rendering unexpectedly when files are presented.
- Files are failing to upload.