This article contains information for:
- Release 5.14
- Release date: August 9, 2018
For other releases, browse all release notes.
New Features and Enhancements
This release includes improvements to the meeting experience and GlobalMeet desktop apps. It also includes ongoing development work to prepare for Japanese language support and the ability for guests to join GlobalMeet meetings from their video room systems. These features are tentatively planned for September 2018.
- Connect audio. New help text explains your audio options.
- Recording updates:
- The meeting name (description) can be up to 32 characters.
- When starting up, if the recorder cannot connect to audio, GlobalMeet now stops the recording and resets the record button so that you can try again. This prevents an issue where meeting recordings were sometimes delivered without any audio.
- Help & Support > Email a support agent. The diagnostic information sent to the Care team now includes the type of audio connection: VoIP or PSTN (Call my phone/dial in).
- Exit meeting. Removed the help (?) icon from the "Thank you for attending the meeting" message.
To get the latest version of the desktop app, go to Settings > General and under App, click Check for updates.
- Profile menu. If you previously uploaded a profile picture, the Upload profile image option is now labeled Edit profile image. Click Edit profile image > New image to upload a different picture.
This release addresses issues seen while in the meeting and while using the desktop apps.
- Webcam. If you lose your network connection while sharing webcam, when you reconnect to the meeting, you no longer rejoin with webcam on. Previously, your webcam would be turned back on and immediately shared in the room. This change helps reduce interruptions to the meeting.
Desktop app issues
- Help & Support > Call a support agent. When you close the window that lists support phone numbers, the desktop app switches from your selected language (Dutch, French, or German) to English.