You can host or attend a GlobalMeet 5.0 meeting in a web browser or via the GlobalMeet desktop and mobile apps.
To host or attend a meeting in a web browser, you must have:
- Internet Explorer 11 or Google Chrome (current version)
- Google Chrome – when prompted, add the GlobalMeet Screen Share extension to Chrome. This enables screen sharing in Chrome.
- Internet Explorer – when prompted, install the GlobalMeet Audio & Video plug-in. This enables VoIP audio, video (webcam), and screen sharing in IE.
GlobalMeet desktop apps
The GlobalMeet desktop apps are available for Mac and Windows computers.
- Windows 7 SP1 or 10. Windows RT is not supported.
- macOS 10.10 or newer
- Intel or AMD 1.8 GHz or higher (2.3 GHz or higher recommended)
- 4 GB RAM
GlobalMeet mobile apps
The GlobalMeet mobile apps are available for Apple iOS and Android devices.
- iPhone and iPod Touch devices running iOS 10 and newer
- Android smartphones running Android platform versions 4.4 and newer (Kit Kat and newer)
- Android tablets are not supported. On iPad devices, the app might provide an iPhone experience.
- You must have an active data connection, either through your wireless carrier’s 3G/4G/LTE network or via Wi-Fi.
GlobalMeet for Outlook add-in
The GlobalMeet for Outlook add-in is available for Mac and Windows computers and the Outlook Web App (OWA).
- Windows 7 SP1, 8.1, or 10.
- macOS 10.11 or newer
- A Microsoft Exchange mailbox:
- Mac and Windows: Outlook.com, Office 365, or Exchange 2013 or newer
- OWA: Outlook.com, Office 365, or Exchange 2016 or newer
- Additional requirements:
- Reading Pane displayed in Outlook for Windows, Outlook for Mac, or OWA
- Permission to install Outlook Add-Ins via a URL
- Windows: Internet Explorer 10 or newer