If background noise is affecting a GlobalMeet® Audio meeting, hosts can mute either a single line or all guest lines via Audio Controls. If a single guest’s line is the cause of the background noise, the guest’s name will be highlighted in orange in the participant list.
To mute a single guest:
- Locate the guest’s name in the participant list.
- Hover over the guest’s name with your mouse.
- Click the speaker icon located to the right of the guest’s name. The guest will hear this prompt: “You are now muted.”
To mute all guest lines:
- Click the Mute All button on the meeting toolbar. All guests will hear the prompt: "All guests have been muted."
- If you would like to unmute all guest lines, click the Unmute button on the meeting toolbar. Everyone will hear the prompt: “All guests have been unmuted.”