To reduce noise originating from your line, try:
- Disconnecting your line and calling back in.
- Switching from your mobile to a landline. Landlines offer better audio quality and sustained connectivity.
- Turning off speakerphone. Speakerphones can degrade call quality with echo, ambient and white noise.
- Picking up the telephone handset. Handsets usually have better sound characteristics than speakerphones and headsets.
- Disconnecting hands-free devices.
- Moving electronic devices such as PDAs, cell phones and laptops away from the active phone.