Connect your Outlook calendar to view upcoming meetings and quickly join them, and to take advantage of smart collaboration features in your meeting room. You can connect to your Outlook calendar in the desktop app, meeting room, or mobile apps.
The desktop and mobile apps show upcoming meetings from your calendar and let you join them with a click.
The meeting room checks your Outlook calendar and if you have a meeting scheduled in your room (with your meeting URL as in the location), it shows the meeting subject and start and end time and lets you view a list of absent guests (invitees who aren’t in the room). When you record the meeting, it pre-fills the meeting subject as the recording name; when you stop recording, the meeting asks if you want to email the recording to everyone on the invitee list (all guests), people who attended, or absent guests.
Note: The desktop app and meeting room are in sync. When you sign in to your Outlook calendar in the meeting room, your desktop app is also connected to your calendar, and vice versa. You have to sign in to the mobile apps separately.
Connect in the desktop app
To connect to your Outlook calendar:
- Open the desktop app.
- On the Home tab, click Connect calendar, or in Settings > Integrations, click Connect. A Microsoft login page pops up.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account by entering your email address, phone number, or Skype handle, and then click Next.
- Enter your Microsoft password or enter your organization's account credentials, and then click Sign in.
- Click Accept to grant permission for the desktop app to access your Outlook information.
The desktop app scans your Outlook calendar for meetings and shows a summary of your day.
You can also connect from the Meeting room in the Meeting panel or in the meeting controls.
Disconnect in the desktop app
If you no longer want your GlobalMeet apps to display meetings from your Outlook calendar, you can revoke its permission by disconnecting. Disconnecting instantly removes your Outlook calendar.
To disconnect your Outlook calendar:
- Click Settings, and then click the Integrations tab.
- Click Disconnect.
You can also disconnect in the Meeting room from the meeting controls.