The current desktop app release is 6.1, as of May 10, 2019. There are no external updates for this release.
This article contains information for:
- Release 5.33 (Meetings)
- Release date: May 15, 2019
For other releases, browse all release notes.
New Features and Enhancements
This release includes improvements to the meeting experience and ongoing development work to prepare for Outlook integration to bring calendar awareness and streamlined recording options to your meeting room. This feature is tentatively scheduled for June 2019.
- Chat. Internet Explorer 11 users can now resize the live chat window when contacting support.
This release does not include improvements to the desktop app.
This release addresses issues seen while in the meeting.
- Chat. Names with 's displayed HTML characters instead of an apostrophe.
- Connect Audio. VoIP audio was able to connect even though an output device was not detected.
- File presentation. The presenter notes panel was blank if the file did not contain any notes.
- Contacting support through email resulted in an auto-reply in English.
- Preferences tab was missing from Settings.
- Join a meeting. Joining a meeting using dial-in did not update the Participant panel.
- The Webcam image was missing from the meeting stage.
Desktop app issues
This release does not address issues with the desktop app.
Visit Troubleshooting for information and workarounds for known issues like:
- Guests viewing a Windows 10 user sharing an Office app window may experience a frozen screen.
- Sharing an app window in Internet Explorer can lose focus and share your entire screen.
- Empty meeting window when launching from the desktop app.
- Fonts are rendering unexpectedly when files are presented.
- Mac. Files created on Mac with embedded fonts fail to upload for file presentation.