For account holders only.
With the GlobalMeet add-in for Outlook, you can schedule a meeting, send invitations, and track responses in your Outlook Calendar. The GlobalMeet add-in for Outlook is available for Outlook 2013 and 2016 for Windows, Outlook 2016 for Mac, and the Outlook Web App (OWA).
Note: If you manage another person's Outlook Calendar, are not permitted to install custom add-ins, or if your mailbox is hosted on Exchange Server 2010 or earlier, use the GlobalMeet toolbar. Available for Microsoft Outlook for Windows 2010, 2013, 2016.
Get the GlobalMeet add-in
Instead of downloading a “setup” program and installing it on your computer, you enable the add-in via a definition file (called a manifest).
To install the GlobalMeet add-in:
- First, copy the add-in URL to the clipboard.
- In your version of Outlook, access the add-ins feature:
- Windows and Mac - On the Home ribbon, click Get Add-ins.
- Outlook Web App - At the top right of the window, click the gear button to open Settings, and then click Manage add-ins.
- On the add-ins window, click My add-ins, and then click + Add a custom add-in and select Add from URL.
- Paste the URL you copied, click OK, and then click Install.
Sign in to your account
Windows and Mac: The GlobalMeet add-in buttons are included at the right side of the Home ribbon. Click GlobalMeet Tools and then select Accounts to sign in to your GlobalMeet account.
OWA: Click the button, select GlobalMeet Tools, and then select Accounts to sign in to your GlobalMeet account.
Send a meeting invite now
Sometimes you need to gather people into your meeting room quickly, without waiting for responses. You can send an invitation from an email message. This kind of invitation is not saved in your Outlook calendar.
To send a quick meeting invitation:
- Create or reply to an email message.
- In Outlook, click Urgent Meeting on the right side of the Message tab. In OWA, click the button, and then select Urgent Meeting.
Your default GlobalMeet meeting information is added to the invitation. You cannot set a date or time for this meeting invitation, but you can edit your meeting details in the Edit Invite task pane.
- Add the guests to invite and click Send.
- Start your meeting with the desktop app, mobile app, web browser, or GlobalMeet for Outlook add-in.
Schedule a meeting on your calendar
Scheduling a meeting in Outlook saves it to your calendar, where you can track attendee responses and update the meeting date and time, if needed.
To schedule a meeting in your Outlook calendar:
- In Outlook, create a new appointment or meeting, and then click Schedule Meeting on the right side of the Appointment or Meeting tab.
In OWA, create a new Calendar event, click the button, and then click Schedule Meeting.
Your default GlobalMeet meeting information is added to the invitation.
- Set the date and time for the meeting, enter the meeting subject, and add people to invite.
Tip: Use the Scheduling Assistant to check your guests' calendars when you pick a date and time for the meeting.
- If needed, in the Edit Invite task pane, select a different web room or audio account to use, select numbers to include in the invitation, and the invitation language.
- Click Send to add the meeting to your Outlook calendar and send the invitations to your guests.
When it's time to meet, start your meeting with the desktop app, mobile app, web browser, or the GlobalMeet add-in for Outlook.
Start your meeting
On the Home tab in Outlook, click Start My Meeting to open the task pane. In OWA, click and then Start My Meeting.
Choose to start a web meeting or an audio-only meeting, and then click Start.
Your room (web) or the Phone Controls (audio only) opens and you are automatically signed in as the host.
The next step is to choose how you want to talk in the meeting by connecting your audio.