To open the desktop app, locate the globe icon on your desktop, system tray, or Launchpad and start it. The tabs on the left side let you switch among your profile, calendar integration, meetings and meeting recordings, and updating the app and account settings.
Customize your profile
You can personalize your desktop experience by uploading a photo or avatar image. You can upload a JPG, PNG, or TIFF image from your computer.
To add a profile picture:
- At the top of the left panel, click your name, select Edit profile image.
- Click New image.
- Browse to select the picture you want to use, and then click Open.
- Use the slider to resize the image. Point to the image and drag to place it within the frame.
- When finished, click Save.
Your profile image is displayed at the top of the left panel, and on the Meetings tab, in your meeting information.
When a new version of the desktop app is available, it is downloaded automatically and prompts you to relaunch the app. After relaunching, the app alerts you of the version update and provides a link to the release notes so you can see what changed.
You can access help by clicking the help (?) button at the top right of the desktop app.
From the Help and Support window, you can:
- Get options for contacting support: call, email, or chat live with a support agent.
Note: When you send email to support, a case is automatically opened for your issue. You will receive a confirmation email with the case number.
- Visit the support site to read knowledge base articles and watch videos.
Note: When using the desktop app, you are automatically directed to the support site for your chosen language.
- Download tools, such as the desktop app or mobile apps.
Join a meeting
The desktop app provides two different options to join a meeting: the Home tab (if you connected your Outlook Calendar) and the Meetings tab.
Use the Home tab
- Open the desktop app and click the Home tab, if needed.
- Click Join to launch the host's meeting room and automatically sign in. Or, you can join meetings hosted on other meeting services - like Zoom, Google Hangouts, and Webex - from your Outlook calendar by clicking the blue link. The desktop app launches your web browser and navigates to the URL.
If you are joining the host's meeting room, the next step is to choose how you want to talk in the meeting by connecting your audio.
Use the Meetings tab
- Open the desktop app and click the Meetings tab.
- Locate the Join a meeting section.
- To join a meeting:
- Enter the URL of the meeting and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Click on a previously joined meeting from the list displayed.
- If you have a company account, enter the name of the meeting host to search your company directory, and then click on the appropriate meeting URL from the results.
The host's room opens and you are automatically signed in as a guest.
The next step is to choose how you want to talk in the meeting by connecting your audio.
Accessing your settings allows you to sign out of the desktop app and change your app settings: