GlobalMeet for Outlook lets you schedule a meeting, send invitations, and track responses in your Outlook Calendar.
Options for scheduling a meeting are added to the Outlook ribbon and the button in OWA. To:
- Send a quick meeting invitation, create or reply to an email message, and then click Urgent Meeting.
- Schedule a meeting on your Outlook calendar and send an invitation, create a new appointment or meeting, and then click Schedule Meeting.
Both options open an invitation with details for your web meeting and the default audio conference associated with it. In the Edit Invite task pane, you can select a different audio and/or web meeting room to use, which numbers to include in the invitation, and the invitation language.
Meet Now (Urgent Meeting)
Sometimes you need to gather people into your meeting room quickly, without waiting for responses. You can send an invitation from an email message. This kind of invitation is not saved in your Outlook calendar.
To send a quick meeting invitation:
- Create or reply to an email message.
- In Outlook, click Urgent Meeting on the right side of the Message tab. In OWA, click the button, and then select Urgent Meeting.
Your default GlobalMeet meeting information is added to the invitation. You cannot set a date or time for this meeting invitation, but you can edit your meeting details in the Edit Invite task pane.
- Add the guests to invite and click Send.
- Start your meeting with the desktop app, mobile app, web browser, or GlobalMeet for Outlook add-in.
Meet Later (Schedule Meeting)
Scheduling a meeting in Outlook saves it to your calendar, where you can track attendee responses and update the meeting date and time, if needed.
To schedule a meeting in your Outlook calendar:
- In Outlook, create a new appointment or meeting, and then click Schedule Meeting on the right side of the Appointment or Meeting tab.
In OWA, create a new Calendar event, click the button, and then click Schedule Meeting.
Your default GlobalMeet meeting information is added to the invitation.
- Set the date and time for the meeting, enter the meeting subject, and add people to invite.
Tip: Use the Scheduling Assistant to check your guests' calendars when you pick a date and time for the meeting.
- If needed, in the Edit Invite task pane, select a different web room or audio account to use, select numbers to include in the invitation, and the invitation language.
- Click Send to add the meeting to your Outlook calendar and send the invitations to your guests.
When it's time to meet, start your meeting with the desktop app, mobile app, web browser, or the GlobalMeet add-in for Outlook.