For a successful conference, follow these tips.
- Verify that you have updated your language and time zone to make sure you have the correct defaults when booking and searching for conferences.
- Schedule the conference at least three weeks in advance to allow attendees and speakers to fit it into their calendars.
- Before you confirm a date and time, check with your speakers to see if they are available.
- Try not to schedule a conference that starts or ends within one hour of another event to allow for possible delays and to avoid overlapping events.
- Look professional. Pay close attention to spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation in all your materials promoting the conference.
- For invitation-only conferences, have contact lists ready and in the correct format (CSV) before you start. Spell your attendees’ names correctly!
- If you plan on having the conference dial out to connect attendees, prepare your dial-out contact list, as well. Preparing your dial-out list as a CSV file makes it faster to enter when you book your conference.