December 17, 2020
Sales of CDs for recordings are being discontinued
Beginning December 31, 2020, we will no longer offer conference recordings on CD. The Audio CD option will be removed from the Events Portal.
- If you'd like a digital copy of a conference recording, request a downloadable audio file when you book the event. Learn more »
- Existing orders for CDs will still be fulfilled.
November 13, 2020
Operator Assisted and Events Portal updates
- Post-event content can no longer be downloaded from the Events Portal after the retention date. By default, post-event content is deleted 90 days after the event. You receive a notification in the Events Portal seven days before your file is scheduled to be deleted.
- In the Events Portal, on the Upcoming Events and the Completed Events page, you can now select a time in the To and From fields when searching for an event.
- If you are having trouble signing in to the Events Portal for the first time, you can now access support phone numbers from the Events Portal login page. Click Signing in for the first time and then click here to view the support phone numbers and email address.
- Bug fix. If you tried resetting your password with an email that is associated with more than one client ID, the reset password email was not sent.
- Bug fix. When you tried to edit or copy an event with transcription in the Events Portal, the only available turnaround time was 72 hours.
- Bug fix. If you book a call for a past date, a "Date cannot occur in the past" error now displays. Previously, a "Warning: No message define for start" error displayed.
September 19, 2020
Enhanced security for Operator Assisted post-event content
We are making your post-event content more secure!
- For added security, we will no longer provide direct links to post-event content in the post-event email. Instead, the email has a link that takes you to the Events Portal. Sign in to the Events Portal to download post-event content, such as recordings, participant lists, reports, and transcriptions. Learn more »
August 12, 2020
Click to Join is now available for Greeted Entry conferences
- With Click to Join, our system dials out to your participants and connects them instantly, with no hold times. Participants click the link, enter the required fields of information, and then click Call Me.
- Available when booking an event. The Click to Join link and other details are included in the Participant Access Information section of your confirmation email.
- When sending your conference invitations, include your Click to Join link and the Confirmation Code or Participant Passcode. Learn more »
Note: As a best practice, provide participants with the dial-in numbers in case they cannot use Click to Join.
June 19, 2020
Operator Assisted conference updates
- Download conference invitations and add them to your calendar or send invitations to others. After booking your conference, you can download a calendar file that includes all of your conference invitation information. Calendar files are compatible with most calendar applications, such as Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, and Apple Calendar. In the Events Portal in the Upcoming Events section, select the conference ID and then select Download Calendar Reminder. Choose from two invitation options: Moderator or Participant invitations.
- Moderator invitations include the time of the pre-conference, the dial-in numbers, and passcodes for speakers.
- Participant invitations include the dial-in numbers and passcodes for participants.
- After downloading the calendar file, open the file to create a new event in your calendar application, or attach the file in an email and send it to the speakers or participants.
- WMA is no longer an available recording file format. You can select WAV, MP3, or High Quality MP3 format when booking.
- The Participant List > PIN feature prompts participants to enter a PIN before joining the conference and records the PIN in the Participant List Report. When booking a passcode entry conference in the Events Portal, there are now two PIN options: PIN Capture and PIN Validate.
- PIN Capture - All PINs are valid. Participants can enter any PIN. The PIN is informational only.
- PIN Validate - When joining the conference, participants must enter the PIN you assigned to them. After booking your conference, upload a list of participants and their assigned PINs in the Events Portal. With PIN Validate, participants have three attempts to enter the correct PIN before being redirected to an operator.
- Choose what you’d like the operator to do when a participant reaches an operator: verify the participant with your Communications Line, turn the participant away, or allow the participant to join if they can provide conference-specific information. If you choose to turn the participant away, you can enter a contact for the Operator to refer them to.
Conference Controls updates
- In the Conference Participants panel, an "active talker" indicator shows which lines are speaking, in real time.
- The new backend design reduces lag time and latency.
- The login page has been redesigned and moved to a new URL: https://event.mymeetingroom.com/public/conferencecontrols.
- The previous login URL (www.conferencecontrols.com) automatically redirects to the new URL. If you experience any issues with the redirect, please notify your operator immediately in the pre-conference.
- If you booked a conference with Conference Controls before June 19, your confirmation email contains the previous URL.