The first step is scheduling your Skype meeting in Outlook. This creates the meeting invitation with a link to your Skype meeting, the conference ID (participant passcode), and a list of dial-in numbers.
To schedule the meeting:
- Sign in to your Outlook account.
- In the top ribbon, select New ▶ Calendar event.
- Enter a meeting subject, select the date and time for the meeting, and add people to invite.
- On the ribbon, click the GMSO button.
- The body of the invitation now contains meeting connection details.
- Click Save to send the invitation to your guests.
Add Skype meeting button
In most situations, you should not click Add Skype meeting – it does not insert the GMSO meeting details into the invitation. However, if your company has enabled the GMSO Skype invitation scanner for your account, you can click Add Skype meeting to insert the “standard” Skype meeting info as a placeholder and send the invitation. After a while, the invitation scanner will update the meeting on your calendar and send an updated invitation with the GMSO meeting details administrator.