By default, Skype displays the Join Meeting Audio screen and prompts you to select your audio option each time you join a meeting.
With GMSO, there are two ways to join the audio portion of a Skype Meeting. You can connect over Skype by using your computer mic and speakers or a headset or dial in to the meeting from a phone of your choice. The third Skype option – Call me at – is not supported.
You can set your default audio option and also have Skype skip the Join Meeting Audio step.
To set your default meeting audio:
- On the Skype for Business menu, click the Tools, and then click Options.
- On the Skype for Business Options screen, select Skype Meetings (in the menu at left of the screen).
- Under Joining conference calls, in the Join meeting audio from drop-down menu, select:
- Skype for Business – to use your computer mic and speakers for meeting audio.
- Do not join audio – to use a phone for meeting audio (either dial in or have the meeting call you).
Note: Do not select one of your saved phone numbers. Call me at is not supported.
- To use the option you just selected for all Skype Meetings, clear the Before I join meetings, ask me which audio device I want to use check box.