Meeting room updates
- End a meeting. Co-hosts no longer have the dismiss all guests option checked by default.
- Join a meeting. When using the browser, in the meeting controls, you can now remove your saved join meeting preference by clicking Settings > Preferences > Reset.
- Bug fix. The profile image and active talker were missing in the multi-task widget.
Desktop app updates
- The desktop app now checks for updates every hour.
- Calls tab (Business Phone customers). A new option lets you silence the ringer for incoming and outgoing calls on the desktop. The incoming call message is still displayed, but the audible ringing is silenced. Above the Calls lists, click the gear button and then click the toggle to switch the ringer off. Click again to turn it back on.
- Bug fix. Desktop users attempting to join a legacy GlobalMeet 4 meeting room received a gray screen.
- Bug fix. Occasionally, when trying to sign out of the app, the current user remains signed in without notifying them that sign out failed.
- Bug fix. Japanese translations were missing for Home and Meetings tabs and meeting URL search box.
- Outlook integration. Tap your avatar to open the app menu, and then tap Settings > Meetings, and then connect or disconnect your Outlook calendar.
- Our improved in-meeting experience has easy-to-reach meeting controls and an optimized layout for screens of all sizes.
- Exit. The exit option is now at the top of the meeting room.
- Recording (hosts only) is now always available on the meeting controls. Tap to start and stop recording your meeting. The button updates to show whether recording is off or on, and displays a loading image when starting or finishing a recording.
- The speaker option has moved to the More (...) button. Tap to toggle your iPhone's speakers on and off.
- Join a meeting. When you tap the Join link or a meeting URL, the Connect Audio screen is displayed immediately. Previously, the short delay in loading the connect screen led some users to think the app was frozen, and so they kept tapping the join options.
- Exit a meeting. You can now leave a meeting by closing the app. You are not longer included in the guest list.
- Bug fixes. Outlook Calendar integration:
- The option for reconnecting your calendar is missing if you disconnect Outlook.
- When your calendar is connected and you sign out of the app, if someone else signs in, they see your calendar.
- Bug fix. You cannot send a chat message that contains digits.
- Bug fix. Active talker and video controls partially overlapped.
- Bug fix. If you exit the meeting while watching a video with audio, you still hear the video's audio playing unless you quit the app.
- Bug fix. If you start connecting audio and then tap More > Change connection > Do not connect my audio, the audio is still connected.
Meeting room updates
- Your meeting room now integrates with your Outlook calendar, giving you additional functionality and suggestions to make your meetings more efficient.
- Connect your Outlook calendar in the desktop app (on the Home tab), or in the meeting room. If using a browser, on the meeting controls select Settings > Integrations > Office 365 and sign in to your Outlook account.
- The meeting room checks your Outlook calendar and if you have a meeting scheduled in your room (the URL in location), it shows the meeting subject and start and end time above your name.
Note: The title may display "No meeting" until the appointed start time.
- Under Guests, click View all invitees to view a list of all guests or just the guests who are absent (invitees who aren’t in the room).
- If several minutes pass after the start time and there are absent guests, the meeting prompts you to record the meeting.
- When recording, the meeting subject is automatically added as the recording name.
- Recording. Send a recording via email to your guests - from the room. When you stop recording, the meeting asks who should receive the recording. You can send it to just yourself (host only) or present guests (attendees). If you connected Outlook, you can also send to absent guests only or all guests (all invitees on the calendar entry). As the host, you will always receive a copy of the recording regardless of your selection.
Note: If you are recording as a co-host, you can only send the recording to the host or present guests (attendees).
- Bug fix. The meeting room will now re-attempt to record the meeting after failing the first time.
- Bug fix. Panning should not be available when previewing a file.
- Bug fix. When attempting to screen share, sometimes the screen did not display in the meeting, but the meeting room would not allow a new screen share to be started due to the previous one still registering as on.
- Bug fix. Submitting Japanese text into the meeting chat sometimes resulted in duplicated messages.
Desktop app updates
- Calls (Business Phone customers):
- The Calls tab is now disabled when there are network or connectivity issues.
- A banner message across the top of the app explains that "calling is currently unavailable."
- Contact search:
- If you try to use contact search and an error occurs, the search box now tells you that search is unavailable.
- Search results now display up to five names before requiring you to scroll through the list.
- Translations have been added for Physical address.
- Bug fix. When your computer sleeps, sometimes you are signed out of the app when your computer wakes.
- Bug fix. When searching for a contact, the names you already searched for do not display in search results and disappear from your recent search history.
- Bug fixes. Contact search display issues when the app is resized to a narrow width:
- At 720px wide or less, pressing Esc does not behave the same as clicking X to close contact details. Both close the contact details, but pressing Esc does not reset the page to show the search icon. Instead, the search box remains active.
- At 600px or less wide, the search box remains active and the name of the tab (Meetings, Calls, etc.) is displayed over it.
- Bug fix. On the Meetings tab, the Recorded meetings tab is now hidden for guest users and phone-only account holders.