Desktop app updates
- The new Home tab lets you view upcoming meetings from your Outlook Calendar and join them with one click.
- Just click Connect calendar and sign in to your Outlook account. The desktop app scans your Outlook Calendar for meetings and shows a summary of your day, and highlights the next meeting on your schedule.
- If the meeting is a GlobalMeet meeting, click Join to launch the meeting room.
- For instructions on linking to your Outlook Calendar and joining meetings from it, see Connect your Outlook Calendar.
The updated Home screen for the GlobalMeet mobile app for iOS lets you:
- Start a meeting - under MY MEETING ROOM, tap your meeting room link
- Search for a meeting - in the top right, tap the search icon and search for a meeting by another user's name or enter a meeting URL to join a meeting
- Recent meetings - in the top right, tap the search icon to see the list of your recent meetings to quickly join a previous meeting
- Access Settings - in the top left, tap your avatar to update your default meeting room or your name
- View today's upcoming meetings from your Outlook Calendar and tap to join
To integrate with your Outlook Calendar, just tap Connect your calendar and sign in to your Outlook account. The mobile app scans your Outlook Calendar for meetings and shows a summary of your day.
If the meeting is a GlobalMeet meeting, just tap the meeting to connect your audio and enter the meeting room.
Your app remains connected to your Outlook account until you disconnect through your Outlook settings or your Outlook password changes.
- Join a meeting. Searching for a meeting now recognizes when to search by URL or by name for quicker and more efficient searching.
- Bug fix. For some users, the app was crashing when joining the meeting, leaving a meeting, or connecting to VoIP audio.
- Bug fix. The volume up/down key on the device did not increase/decrease call volume when used.
- After a meeting ends, the app now checks its version and notifies you to update if you are running a version below the current minimum version.
- Bug fix. File presentation. The first page of a presented file is always shown regardless of what page is actually being presented.
Meeting room updates
- Chat. Internet Explorer 11 users can now resize the live chat window when contacting support.
- Bug fix. Names with 's displayed HTML characters instead of an apostrophe.
- Bug fix. VoIP audio was able to connect even though an output device was not detected.
- Bug fix. The presenter notes panel was blank if the file did not contain any notes.
- Bug fixes. Japanese:
- Contacting support through email resulted in an auto-reply in English.
- Preferences tab was missing from Settings.
- Bug fix. Joining a meeting using dial-in did not update the Participant panel.
- Bug fix. The Webcam image was missing from the meeting stage.
- Bug fix. Joining a meeting room for the first time and then exiting the room caused the app to crash.
- Bug fix. Menu > Help (creates an email message to support). Launching the email app caused the app to crash.
Meeting room updates
- Features not offered by your company are no longer available in the meeting room and not included in the meeting feedback form. For example, if your company does not allow webcam sharing, the webcam button is hidden in the meeting room.
- File presentation. The look of the file presentation controls has been updated and you can now use your keyboard controls to move forward and backward while you are presenting a file.
- Language support. Updated Japanese translations.
- Screen share. Firefox version 66 users and above no longer need to choose to select to share a monitor or to share a window while screen sharing. The Firefox browser now presents the user with all available share options.
- Bug fix. The Multi-Task Widget did not appear for some users.
- Bug fix. Dialing out to a guest during a meeting did not display the guest's initials in active talker when the guest's name was entered.
- Bug fixes. Join a meeting:
- The welcome message upon joining a meeting covered the connect audio options for some users.
- The meeting room title in the desktop window and browser tab displayed a title not set by the user.
- Bug fix. Guests currently sharing their webcam and attempting to screen share were receiving two different screen share messages at the same time.
- Bug fix. If the webcam feature is disabled for your company, the video for a VRC participant no longer displays.