If you have any questions about these changes, please email us at email@example.com or contact your account representative. For complete documentation, including platform guides, feature guides, and complete release notes, visit the Webcast Documentation page.
January 16, 2021
Except for 480p video, these features are available by request. If you'd like the feature added to your account, contact your account representative.
- Improved high resolution video for your events:
- All webcast events now default to 480p high resolution video (16:9 widescreen player).
- A 720p high resolution option can be added to your account by request.
- The new "trade show lite" virtual environment is now available by request. This is an enhanced version of the webcast portal experience that lets you increase audience interaction.
- Add custom content to the home page (also called the portal agenda page)
- Host a series of webcast sessions
- Add Chat and Q&A that spans all webcasts in the series
- Use tabs to organize downloads and additional resources
- View example »
- Screen share for Video Bridge events is now available. This requires the 720p high resolution video option. You cannot screen share using Firefox at 720p.
- FINRA Compliance. Hosts can now be blind copied on all customer-facing communication sent from the webcast service, for archival purposes. This is a FINRA requirement for financial institutions.
- Schedule events to run at 5-minute intervals for more flexible event start times.
- New language templates are available. You can now set up your event in Czech, Polish, Romanian, and Vietnamese.
Updates and enhancements
- System requirements updates:
- Windows 7 and Flash are no longer supported.
- Minimum OS and browser versions are now iOS 12, macOS 10.14, Microsoft Edge 82, Chrome 82, and Firefox 78.
- Minimum recommended hardware are now 2 Ghz and 4 MB RAM.
- Event Library (My Events). The event list and navigation tree at left adjust to your browser size.
- Usability improvements to make the mobile viewer experience responsive, accommodating different screen sizes.
- M4A files are now supported. On the Event Content tab, you can upload M4A audio files as primary clips. Supported audio formats are MP3 and M4A.
- Audio archives are now provided as MP3 files on the Event Summary page; previously recordings were in M4A format. The MP3 format is more widely accepted by transcription vendors.
- The expiration date for an event archive (replay) is now included on the Event Summary tab, under Event Details.
- On-Demand Studio. You can now delete a slide deck from an archived event, even if the event script for the live event contains one or more of its slides in the timeline.
- Portals can now list up to 999 events and replays instead of 99.
- Q&A. On Event Setup, you can change the title of the Answered Questions tab and choose to display the total number of answered questions.
- Reminder and follow-up emails. To ensure these emails can be sent, you must create them at least 20 minutes before the scheduled send time.
- Report updates:
- To ensure reports include all relevant event data, we recommend waiting until 30 minutes after the event ends to run reports.
- Audience Details report. You can see the number of people who unsubscribed from event emails.
- System Usage report (if available). New options let you retrieve viewer counts for the event replay (Unique OD Viewers) and the Simulated Live event (Unique SimLive Viewers). The report also includes the number of slide decks uploaded per event.
- Live Studio issues:
- If a presenter joined and the event wasn't able to determine their location based on their IP address, the USA dial-in number wasn't displayed as expected.
- Captions are cut off on audio events and video events that use the 320px player.
- Questions with < and > characters seemed to be submitted successfully, but they were not. Added an error message to inform viewers that < and > are not acceptable characters.
- On-Demand Studio issues:
- Layout switches were not updated on the timeline if you used Cut Heads/Tails to adjust the start and end times of the event. Layout switches remained at their original timestamps.
- On-Demand event issues:
- Sometimes the jump points panel (list of slides or other content changes in the event) didn't open or couldn't be closed.
- If an event began with a layout other than the default, there was a short delay while the player switched from the default layout to the one used at the start of the event.
- Exams and Certification. Including a pipe ( | ) symbol in the certificate title causes issues when trying to resend the certificate.
- Email & Marketing tab. When you edited a follow-up email that was scheduled at top of the hour or :05 minutes after, the minutes field was cleared and you had to fix the time before saving.
- Portal with disclaimer. When you clicked I do not acknowledge, the page showed the date December 12, 2012 and the message denying you access. The date is no longer displayed.
June 6, 2020
- VoIP Broadcasting. Use a computer microphone or a headset to present webcasts with improved audio quality.
Note: Account updates will occur over the next 8 weeks.
- View example »
- Video Broadcast Controls. Easily switch and promote a presenter to the top position of the filmstrip layout on Video Bridge presentations.
- View example - controls »
- View example »
- Extension-less screen sharing. Broadcast your entire screen, a specific application, or a browser tab to audiences of 10,000+.
- View example »
- Email and Domain Security. Labels indicate when you add an email to a whitelist or blacklist and clarify how the Email and Domain lists stack when used together.
- Google Calendar Support in Emails. Email options include an auto field for Google Calendar reminders.
- Download Audio Files. The event's summary page lets you download audio files of any archived audio and video events.
- MP4 updates. Optimized MP4 archives for video-only events to support larger size playback.
- Larger Live Studio. Live Studio loads a larger window when screen real estate is available, up to 1820x920.
- Video Bridge Test. Live Studio lets you conduct a 40-second test call to the Video Bridge to confirm that a presenter’s system is able to connect before the event.
- Unsubscribe Translations. The ‘Unsubscribe’ workflow automatically translates based on the event's settings.
- Media Controls. The media player includes more user-friendly volume controls.
- System Requirements. The Administrative Console no longer supports Internet Explorer 11 on the Windows 7 operating system. The View Console's minimum requirements now include Chrome 75+, FF 68+, Edge 80+, and OS X 10.13+.
January 12, 2020
- Slide Conversion upgrade. In cases where animated HTML5 slide conversions do not meet exact branding requirements, presenters can display presentations in image-only mode.
- Bandwidth Optimization for Slides. Optimized slide caching for audience members, lessening the impact on local networks.
- Reporting. Updated Audience reports and Event Analytics Reports to improve performance.
- Webcast Entrance and End notification. Users who embed webcasts via iframe now have access to audience ‘enter’ and ‘end’ events triggered via postMessage() function.
- SAML. Added ability to pass additional security parameter “tp_key” along with the event ID
- WebRTC Webcam and Screen Sharing updates:
- WebRTC API updates (Security and Transport upgrades)
- WebRTC system test links will be added to Guest Presenter Lobby and Invitation Emails
- A browser notification option will be added to the Presenter Live Studio for enhanced system feedback during Screen Share broadcasts
September 22, 2019
- Self-Service AI Transcriptions and Phrase Cloud. Self-Service users can create their own AI-powered transcriptions for On-Demand events. This includes full transcript and phrase editing capabilities, administrative controls and the option to allow audiences to download a copy of the transcript.
- Dynamic Layout Switching. Presenters will have the ability to control the audience player layout in real time without using the Event Script. They can expand the video window or change to a slide only view to direct the audience’s focus as needed throughout the presentation. Layout switches are also fully supported in On-Demand events.
- Refreshed audience pre-live experience. A new, original set of songs will replace the default pre-live music for all events and a new video loop including the same new music will replace the existing pre-live video loop.
- Browser Compatibility. Browsers are constantly updating their security and media control requirements. We continue to stay ahead of these changes and provide consistent high-quality user experiences.
- Additional updates:
- Adding an option for SP initiated SAML SSO.
- Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) will be enabled automatically for all On-Demand video events published after the release. The player will default to the higher stream and switch to the lower stream if necessary, based on bandwidth.
- Hive optimization will be available for SimLive events.
- In the Live Studio, the Audience Capacity count will display the number of viewers in red when it reaches 80% of the currently set event capacity.
- We are adding new infrastructure to support audiences in China. Please contact your account representative for more information.
May 19, 2019
- Automatic transcriptions of webcasts and list of key topics discussed. Automatically create active webcast transcripts with clickable rolling text and hot topic word cloud generation.
- Edit AI generated transcripts to ensure accuracy and clarity. Automated transcripts are mostly accurate but there will always be a need to make edits to the presentation itself and to any incorrect words in the transcript, such as names of products, brands and people.
- Control audience experience and direct focus to particular content. Provide presenters with a way to guide users through their content by allowing layouts to be switched dynamically. This allows presenters to direct the audience’s focus to a particular item, as needed.
- Script presentation content into single track for easy live event delivery. Create an event script for your live presentation including Speaker Headshots, Overlay Videos, Surveys, Survey Results, Slides and even Layout changes. Carefully plan out presentations ahead of time, leaving the presenters to focus on presenting.
- Streamline presenter dial-in workflow for all users. Upgrade all users to the advanced telephony integrated bridge system to simplify event creation and presentation dial-in workflows. This provides an automated presenter phone bridge for all audio events so that presenters do not need to manage a manual bridge setup.